Lesson 26 – Majoring on the Minors
What meant the most to you from this chapter or helped you think more accurately about God’s character and the truth of His Word? What offered you the greatest challenge or blessing, and why?
- unsearchable - Unable to be clearly understood
- unfathomable - Difficult or impossible to understand
- inexhaustible - Unable to be used up because existing in abundance
- inscrutable - Impossible to understand or interpret
- impossible - Not able to occur, exist, or be done
- Proverbs 2:6 – The Lord gives it.
- Proverbs 9:10 – Fear is the beginning of wisdom; knowledge of the holy is understanding.
- James 1:5 – If you lack it; ask God for it and God will provide it.
- Verse 1 – “O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.”
- Verse 2 – “Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.”
- Verse 3 – “Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.”
- Verse 4 – “For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.”
- Verse 13 (When?) – “For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb.”
- Verse 15 (When?) – “My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.”
- Verse 16 (When?) – “Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.”
- Verse 23 – “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:”